Deliciously Gluten-Free

Sharing my family's favourite gluten-free recipes with you.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Yorkshire Pudding

I never thought I'd get to enjoy Yorkshire pudding along with my roast beef again once I had to give up eating gluten, but this recipe is delicious and is now a great new family favourite. I'm making myself hungry just typing this! A picture of these made in muffin tins can be seen in my photo album. This recipe makes 12 regular-sized "muffins."

2/3 cup of GF flour mix (I use Bette Hagman's Featherlight Mix)
1/3 cup of potato starch
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp GF baking powder
1/4 tsp xanthan gum
3 room-temperature whole eggs
1 cup room-temperature milk or half & half
drippings from roast beef (I use a little bit of vegetable oil instead)

Preheat oven to 425F.

Mix all dry ingredients well in a separate bowl. Beat eggs until foamy, then add dry ingredients, mixing well with a mixer. Add the milk or cream and beat for a couple of minutes (it should be the consistency of thick cream).

Pour a little bit of the beef drippings or oil into each muffin cup. Put the muffin tins into the oven and heat till the oil is VERY hot and begins to smoke.

Distribute the batter evenly into the 12 muffin cups and bake at 425F for 15 minutes, keeping the oven door closed.

If the puddings are well risen by then, turn the oven down to 375F and finish baking until light brown (should be about 5-10 minutes).

1 Comments:

  • At 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just can't believe this! Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pudding was our traditional Christmas dinner, and now, having to go gluten-free, I thought I'd never have it again. I don't intend to wait until Christmas to try this. As soon as I can get a nice roast beef we're going to have a celebratory meal --to celebrate my finding this recipe! :) Thank you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

View My Stats