Deliciously Gluten-Free

Sharing my family's favourite gluten-free recipes with you.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

So, this is how to blog, huh?

Living a gluten-free lifestyle shouldn't be difficult, it should be delicious! With a little bit of experimentation, it can be.

Sometimes, though, it's nice to let someone else do the experimenting and to just be able to enjoy recipes that have been tested and enjoyed already...and that's what my blog is for. I am sharing recipes that my family and I have been enjoying since we had to become gluten-free about 2 1/2 years ago.

A little bit about me: I live in Toledo, OH with my three children -- two of whom are GF along with me. I am originally from Alberta, Canada, though, but right now I am attending law school down here at UToledo. I don't usually have much spare time, but somehow I always seem to find time to bake. Actually, baking is my way to put off doing my homework or studying...I never bake more than when a paper is due or final exams are here!!

Previous to starting this blog, I had a small gluten-free website but I have decided to try blogging instead, because I like the idea of adding changes and additions on a more frequent basis and updating the website was beginning to be a real hassle. I will be moving the recipes from that site over to my blog, in case some of you haven't already printed them off! I wish I could promise to post pictures of the recipe results, but I admit that I'm probably too lazy to do it consistently!

Thanks for visiting my site...I'd love to have feedback from you!

Take care...
C

4 Comments:

  • At 3:04 PM, Blogger Laurel said…

    Thank you so much for the recipes! My little girl LOVES the banana bread--which we make as mini-muffins. She's 3 1/2 years old & loves to help me bake "HER" bread!

    Thanks again! Laurel & Gabby (Warren, MI--another "great lakes" family)

     
  • At 9:07 PM, Blogger Muckerheide said…

    Congratulations on your new Blog adventure. My husband has been diagnosed so I am always on the lookout for those wonderful recipes that make this all more tolerable.

    Thanks and keep up the good work. You inspire me to go make banana bread for him RIGHT NOW!

    Linda

     
  • At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you so much for haing these recipes!! I am excited to find the pound cake recipes. Our son loves cake and we are getting ready for his Birthday coming up. Lauretta in SC

     
  • At 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for the great recipes. You and I are neighbors -- since I live just down the road in Holland, OH.

    I was diagnosed as a celiac many years ago and can barely remember living any other way. However, in recent years I was also diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes and am currently looking for lower carb recipes.

    As you know, all acceptable GF flours are very high in carbs so if anyone out there has access to GF, low carb recipes I'd really appreciate your publishing them.

    Keep up the good work and thanks for your efforts.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

View My Stats